Thursday, July 14, 2011

Patio Lunch

Donna and Alex prepare Lunch on the Patio Deck.
Lois and Michael get stuck into Corn on the Cob

Paul brings in the Dessert
An event long looked forward to at Athens Creek took place yesterday. The weather cooperated, unlike today at the British Open Golf; the wind died down and the sun came out. Our chef Alex cooked us barbecued chicken on the deck, and the Margaritas flowed by the jugful I'm afraid. On our table we behaved ourselves, but on the next table things got a little noisy as they lost count of the jugfuls... Then came a brilliant dessert designed by Donna: cake, pineapple, and strawberry on a stick, or rather two sticks, with artfully placed chocolate sauce. I put my shorts on for the first time, and my legs weren't cold. They are a bit pale though, I must admit....

6 comments:

Desiree said...

What a happy gathering and I love the look of those desserts!

Alan Burnett said...

As you rightly note : you are getting far better weather than we are.

Claudia Moser said...

The desert looks great!

jennyfreckles said...

You certainly know how to enjoy yourselves - looks such fun. I love the new header pic of Hanne too.

H said...

Like Jennyf, I love the new header pic of Hanne!

The weather has been a bit better here today, but it's not set to last :(

Unknown said...

Great days at the Lodge. I am dreaming as I am surrounded with boxes, papers and stuff all over the place. Only 25 more sleeps until we can share those sunny days with you.